Who We Are
Around here, we have a saying, and it goes we are church, we are Hillside” and this perfectly encapsulates our belief that in our diversity, being united through Jesus Christ we collectively express the fullness of God here on earth in our everyday life. You are the church and together, in this expression of family, we are Hillside.
You have been made in the image and likeness of God. We want to see every person fully discover who they are in Christ so that they can express the love of God to the people and world around them, inviting people into relationship with the One that loves us first – Father, Son and Spirit.
What we believe
- We believe there is one God. Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Three in One, diverse in their distinction from one another, and yet never separate or apart from one another, being fully one.
- We believe that God the Father, the Almighty, made the heavens and the earth, everything that we see and all things that we do not see.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the only Son of God, he was not made but he shares in the eternal, divine nature as the Father. Through Him all things were made.
- The Son became incarnate from the Virgin Mary through the power of The Holy Spirit – He became human to bring us salvation by and forgiveness of your sins. renewing and reconciling us to God through His life, death and burial brought about by the crucifixion of Him by the hands of Pontius Pilate.
- As predicted and prophesied in scripture – three days after He died, He was resurrected again and then ascended to Heaven where He is seated at the right hand of the Father with all power and authority over all life and death given to Him.
- The Son will come again to judge the living and the dead and to fully establish His eternal, never-ending Kingdom. Until that time we have been given the privilege and honor to participate in His kingdom now.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord and the giver of life. He proceeds from the Father and the Son. Along with the Father and the Son He is glorified and made known. The Holy Spirit spoke through the prophets and was spoken about through the Prophets.
- We believe that there is one global church, the Bride of Christ – we have been set apart in holiness, united in diversity, universally for everyone and is rooted in the foundations and teaching of Jesus, in the scriptures and teachings written by the apostles and the Church Fathers.
Meet The Team
Roger & Tanya Tedder
We have been married for 30 years and have 3 wonderful children who all serve on the leadership of Hillside Church. Stephen and Hannah were married in December 2022 and it has been a privilege to welcome Hannah as a daughter into our family. Paige is a teacher following in her mom’s footsteps. Tanya has been a teacher for around 28 years and currently teaches Grade 6 at St Mary’s while still being fully devoted and committed to Hillside Church. “ Teaching is a crucial element of my ministry, mission and the call of God on my life. “ Roger’s background was construction and he gave up his business to serve in full time ministry at Hillside Church. We have served on this pastors team for 24 years and have led the pastors team since July 2019. Hillside Church is our family. She has our heart.
It has been such a privilege to serve on this amazing team. My husband Wayne has recently left for New Zealand, we have had a heart for this nation for many years. Our three children and I will be joining Wayne in December with the intention of planting Hillside Dunedin. We have another daughter, son in law and two amazing grandsons in New Zealand. I plan to continue building relationship with our beloved Hillside family until the day I leave.
Keegan & Suné Charlton
Stephen & Hannah Tedder
We are Stephen and Hannah, we’re newly married. Han is a psychologist by profession, and Steve is a businessman and entrepreneur. As a family, we are so excited for what Jesus is doing in this beautiful province and so thrilled to be a part of His good plans. We love this church, and our community.
Caleb & Erin From
We are The Frows. We’re a newly married couple who are blessed to work full time at Hillside. We believe God’s plan is to bring revival, salvation, and transformation through the church, so are committed to building community and equipping the saints. Our passion is to see the Kingdom advanced and Jesus glorified through our lives
Meet Our Staff
Church Administrator, Finances &Personnel
Social media & Graphic design
Kids Min Head
Ricus Van Der Ryst